Tuesday, August 5, 2008

so far, so good.

We are in fact surviving here in Las Vegas. There have been quite the number of crazy events to add excitement to our life, but all in all, things are okay.

Today the blinds were installed. That's a positive. Tyler is sleeping just like normal. Another positive. Our stuff is fitting better than we thought it would. Yet again, positive. We finally found the right part for the dryer. Positive. I got to visit Henderson (and the Blackwells) and vacuum the old house. Mostly the visit was positive ;).

While I was vacuuming and grabbing little stuff I started to hear Tyler laugh and I thought he had just found the mirror and was laughing at himself. Well, when I walked back into the master to check out what was going on I found Tyler playing in a clogged toilet with what was left of the roll of toilet paper plastered all over. If only I had my camera with me! So frustrating and so funny all at once.

We got to visit with the Blackwells and enjoy some good company (on their anniversary- hope we made it a special one ;) Happy 8 years!) Tyler and I really needed some friends today so I think that was my favorite part of this week.

We are adjusting, unpacking, cleaning, organizing, and loving the new house. We are also missing our old friends and daddy since he went back to work today too. I'm sure we'll find some walking buddies on this side of town eventually!

I really need to add some more pictures of our fun. We'll get some good ones of the blinds tomorrow when it's light again.

No comments: