Tuesday, May 15, 2012

If you have ever wondered why we moved... Here it is!

The other day I realized we have never really posted intentional pictures of our new place we are renting in Henderson. It was a sad transition and we were sick (still are kinda) since moving (isn't it summer yet?) so we haven't really been focusing on photographing the new home. The basics are : 2100 sq. ft. 3 bedrooms +loft, 3 bathrooms, 3 car garage (that we can only fit 1 car in- the truck is too big to fit) and an insanely frustrating kitchen :)  Oh, and did I mention the BACK YARD?!?  That, alone is the reason I agreed to this house.  There is a big, huge, wonderful, grassy, backyard that is all ours.  The boys will ask to go outside morning, noon, and night- and I can let them! The swing set was a Christmas purchase and had definitely been used. The sandbox fits nicely off the side of the patio, we finally got a patio dining table to go with our folding chairs and we eat dinner out there at least once a week, and just last week we got a pool for Summer. 

The transition has still been slow and we are working on making friends...still.  It's hard to compare with the ladies I had known for years in our Mountain's Edge ward.  We're working on it though :)  While we're making friends- at least the boys are having a blast!


Beautiful isn't it? No color enhancing needed...just beautiful, real, grass. (I've even mowed it once all on my own when Ryan was out of town.  I was so proud)
Little Man just loving it.  His favorite is the sandbox...which we have learned to keep covered when not in use because there are cats in this neighborhood.  sand = litter box...gross.

In case you haven't noticed before- check out those cheeks and lips!

I love the innocence in those eyes.  He LOVES getting into mischief in the backyard.  Digging up worms in my garden, finding rolly polly bugs to "save" (and usually ends up killing them by "saving" them), moving mountains of rocks to wherever they shouldn't be, turning on the hose and dousing one or both of his brothers, etc.

Jacob is very calculated in his fun.  He has to approach the sprinkler from behind, and somehow, he always finds a way to run through the sprinkler without actually getting wet. This picture is of one of the boys' car wash set ups.

No comments: