From the beginning (at 5:30am)
 |
| Tyler made his own birthday wish list this year and at the very top was "Legos" So Legos it was! I had been picking up Lego stuff here and there when I found it on clearance so Tyler could enter the world of plastic bricks :) |
 |
| The Lego "dump trash" (trash truck) that he kept pointing out at the store |
 |
| I can't even tell you how sweet this moment was. He has wanted a gun ever since Ryan got one, because what boy doesn't want to be like his dad?! Well, I had been telling both he and Ryan "no" but I'm glad Ryan knows his boy because the sweet looks of admiration and awe that Tyler gave to Ryan made it all worth it. Tyler opened the BBs first and then Ryan let him open the gun. |
 |
| One excited little boy! My favorite part was actually a really sweet letter that Ryan wrote to Tyler. I don't know if Tyler understands how lucky he is, but I know. Ryan is a man of few words so I know just how special that letter is. Maybe I'll ask permission to scan it onto here just so it is recorded somewhere because that is definitely a letter worth keeping. |
 |
| Dad is still in his CarMax uniform- we didn't even give him time to change. I love the relationship that Tyler is forming with his Daddy. There are even times now when he prefers dad over me. I try not to be offended- but remember that it is exciting for them to be building a strong relationship because a boy is going to need his dad and Tyler sure loves his dad! |
 |
| Do you see Tyler "practicing" in the lower corner? So funny. |
 |
| Shooting in our backyard...at 6:30 am. |
 |
| Our fun celebration Tyler's actual birthday was to go to the McDonald's in Boulder City. I kept hearing how awesome it was so we asked the cousins to meet up with us and we enjoyed a few hours playing and eating. I didn't tell Tyler where we were going. Boulder City is only about 15 minutes from our house but there really isn't anything between here and there. Tyler kept asking funny questions like, "Mom, is there food in the desert? Because this is the desert and I thought we were going to eat food?" or "Mom, are you sure this is where we are supposed to go? This is really far away." |
 |
| The boys enjoyed some neat touch-screen games. |
 |
| Working together...kinda ;) There was even a Dance Dance Revolution -type game and some fun climbing/sliding/being goofy space. |
 |
| Tyler asked for Hamburgers for dinner and wanted to make a cake. He picked out the blue funfetti frosting and decorated it himself. He added the "3" and the "1" because Jacob and Adam are his best friends and they are 3 and 1. As much as the boys can drive me crazy, that was one of those moments when I stopped, smiled, and knew that I was doing something right. I am so glad the boys are best friends! |
To The end... What a day!
Happy 5th Birthday Tyler. You got out of your well check so I don't know exactly what your stats are, but you are just under 50 lbs and you are tall for your age. You are finally learning to sit still long enough and listen to me so I can do reading lessons with you and you are flying through them. You often do two at a sitting because (although you pretend to not like it) you are thrilled when you can read the sentences at the end of each lesson. You are a mini-mom, which is good and bad. You try to teach your little brothers what to do, but sometimes you try to be a parent instead of a big brother and you get yourself in trouble. You love to be outside but you also love TV (which I hate!) You can play on the computer all by yourself too. You love to play games on PBS kids and Disney. You found a new love in Legos but you still just help hand me pieces to build them. You are wise beyond your years. You are outgoing in some areas, like finding friends to play with at the park, but you get very anxious and nervous in any situation where you are asked to perform- whether it's testing, singing in primary, or anything "formal". We are trying to teach you to be proud of yourself and believe in how amazing you are so you stop getting such bad anxiety. You will get to emotionally upset that you get physically ill. You are getting better at telling us what is wrong. You are amazing at forgiving your brothers (and your mom and dad) when we do something wrong. Your favorite songs to ask for at bedtime are the "lullaby", "I love to see the Temple", "Song of a Bird", "Daddy's Star Song" and "Away in a Manger" (yup- even though it's not Christmas). You almost always say the prayer at dinner and frequently at bed time. You love all of your grandparents very much and you ask about them frequently. You also love your older cousin Ben and look up to him very much. You have been blessed with a kind heart and a great attitude. I hope those things stay with you as you begin your journey in school this year. You are an amazing son. We are lucky to be your mom and dad. Love you TONS!
No comments:
Post a Comment