Thursday, October 22, 2009

Moments any mom would love...

...like when you're tucking your not-so-little-one in bed and he puts his arm around your neck and cuddles with you. So sweet!

As of late most days have been a painful reminder that I have a two-year-old...even bedtime has been difficult. He's been waking up freaked out at night and coming to tell me it's 7 o'clock (or in his words, "a clock mommy! a clock!") when, in fact, it is barely past 5 a.m.. During the day his favorite thing to do is say "no" and hit mom. Naturally, I get frustrated and throw my tantrums too- well, mommy tantrums you know?!

Then there's moments like tonight, when he just smiles sweetly as if you're sharing some little secret. When he says "wa-doo" first. When he gives you a hug around the neck just to give a hug and not to make you stay with him because he's clinging on for dear life.

Tonight was a good night.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I feel your pain (and happiness) mama. ;) I'm glad I'm not the only one throwing mommy tantrums...seriously. Love your blog!

The Trotter Family said...

Thank goodness for those days that make up for the crazy ones!