Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools?!

We are spending some time with granny and somehow my camera got turned on in the bag while flying and the battery is dead...so I don't have any super cute pictures of the boys playing around, loving the merry-go-round, playing at the park, painting and coloring, making little bunny decorations, or riding horses...or being thrown from them.

Tonight I am counting my blessings. Sweet (well, let's be honest, testy, demanding, stinker) Tyler got to ride a horse for the first time today. We even packed his helmet so he could ride Granny's friend's horse. He was so excited!

The boys started off getting to know the horse, petting it's nose and feeding it treats. Tyler got on the horse and looked studly with the special little stirrups. He rode the horse like a pro, smiled for a few pictures on Granny's camera and then the horse freaked out. Tyler was thrown from the bucking horse to the ground and all I could think was, "oh my gosh! oh my gosh!". However, being a mom I'm not allowed to look alarmed. I need to maintain the farse that everything is normal and fine.

My sweet Tyler was swept up by Granny's friend and handed through the fence to me and he held on for dear life. He was scared, but fine. Thank goodness for that. It was one of the most frightening things I've experienced and I am so, so, so, grateful that Tyler is okay.

Hopefully there will be no more fooling on this April Fools Day.

No comments: