Friday, September 23, 2011

A small miracle today

I don't know if I've even written about it yet, but sleep is a rare thing in our house lately.

My big boys have been waking up between 4am and 5am on most days for months now and I have tried everything to get them to sleep in; noise machines, dark curtains, fans, putting them to bed earlier, later, watching what they eat and when, etc... nothing worked.

Adam had been getting up 3 + times a night still for no apparent reason.

Last night, that all changed.  All 3 boys were in bed by 6:30pm and nobody was up (for the day) until about 6:30am.  (Adam did get up to eat around 5:45 but he went back to sleep until 7!)  It was a miracle and I'm praying that it will happen again.  Only time will tell.

*Adam has slept through the night 3 nights in a row now.  I'm really hoping we're on to something here.  Finally, at 7 months :) Now I can get back to being a sane person....well, at least not a sleep-deprived person.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I really hope this is a for sure thing for you! Good luck!

The Nelsons said...

So glad you got some rest!! My kids have been getting up too early lately, but gratefully not at 4 AM! People tell me just to send them back to bed....If only...

Tim and Sara said...

Oh man, you are such a trooper! I hope Adam keeps sleeping for you!!

The Trotter Family said...

Yay! You need a break. I have never heard of someone having kids wake up so early and wake up through the night so much. I would be a walking zombie. Hope this works out for you long term now!