Monday, April 15, 2013

We have a 4 Year Old in the house!

Jacob Boyd turned 4 years old today...or as he says, "sore" (his "f" sounds are "s" sounds right now)

I wish I could write a million things about this boy but my brain is numb from fatigue and we had an awesome day celebrating.

This was Jacob's year for a birthday party and he kept asking for a Bounce U party.  We were able to find a killer deal on a party for his actual birthday and we let him invite a few buddies from school and church (and family) and we had a blast. He specifically asked for Angry Birds cupcakes from a store with those rings on top so everyone could have a ring to take home.  Jacob definitely has his opinions about how things should be done ;)

A few little things about my Jacob:

Cutest little blond-haired, blue-eyed, boy you ever did meet.

Still struggles with preschool most days but goes because it's almost over

Wants attention so bad, but then when he's the center of attention (like at his party today) he kinda shuts down.

He loves singing "ABCs" and "Twinkle, Twinkle" to his little brother at night.

Jacob HATES to wash his hair (just one sign of his stubborn streak)

He is incredibly oppositional...he'll pretty much do/say the opposite of whatever I want him to.

He still likes to frequently remind me that he "wuz" me

Jacob really wants to be in school with Tyler- at his school.

Jacob is good at building awesome and creative train tracks. He often will come up with ideas that I think will never work- and then he has them done and working all on his own.

He also likes to take out all of his cars and line them up for a parking lot.

His latest is making "me" crafts at preschool then coming home and making me guess what colors are on them without letting me look.

Jacob is the most artsy of the kids yet.  He loves to just doodle.

And as a last little tidbit an experience I had and I really hope to never forget.  Jacob is my most stubborn child (so far) and he can push me to my wits end faster and more completely than any other human being I have ever met.  It kills me that he is so difficult during the day and so sweet when we are alone at night.  One exceptionally rough day I went in to say prayers with him at night and I was impressed to pray more specifically about my second born.  I don't remember the exact words but I will never forget the feeling.  I believe it was a gentle reminder from our Heavenly Father that this sweet boy is doing his best with the position he is in.  Jacob is stuck in the middle and he is expected to be a great big brother and a great little brother.  He is expected to take direction and be proactive. He is expected to do what he's told and not what he sees (oops!).  He is an amazing kid with bright eyes and a sweet heart and I get to be his mother. My mind was opened to his world for a brief second and I hope I can do a better job each day by him.

I love this boy and all the challenge and growth he has brought into my life.  I love when he drops the sassy, talking-back and talks to me in a normal voice about normal things.  I love it when he takes the time to tell me stories.  I love it when he isn't afraid to try.

Love my scooby-doo, jakey-boo, little man, stinker-pot-pie.

Happy Birthday my Jacob.

No comments: