The words of a song from Alice in Wonderland came to my head as I re-read this post. "I give myself some very good advice, but I very seldom follow it."
http://www.ryanandlauracrooks.blogspot.com/2012/05/mothers-day-2012.html
I got to talk with my brother, Ben, for a brief moment this evening After a quick, "happy mother's day" he admitted he had to give a talk at church today and he used part of a post from last mother's day in his talk. I laughed at first because I can't remember anything I write but the fact that he used it in a talk it had to be really good or really bad...right?
I really enjoyed reading through my feelings on being a mother from last year and all I need to add this year is an AMEN! I am no longer as eloquent due to another year of limited sleep and increased stress- but I am grateful still for the opportunity to be a mother. I am blessed to have a wonderful husband who gets me more than he knows and three of the sweetest boys around. Underneath all the obnoxiousness they really are big sweethearts who really just want to make me happy, and for that, I am grateful.
I just hope I can re-read my good advice more often. My goal as a mother for this year is to focus more on what I am doing Right and less on what I am doing wrong, or not doing at all. I hope all of us mothers can cut ourselves a little slack and enjoy the hard work of rearing righteous children.
No comments:
Post a Comment