I have two sleeping children right now- and I should be napping too, but there's laundry on my bed to be folded :)
I can't believe that Jacob is already 5 months old. I thought I should take a quick minute to write down some thoughts for both him and Tyler.
JACOB is...
wonderful, smiley, cuddly, and HUGE. Most of the time he is so content and happy. He smiles so lovingly at his brother. He loves it when he gets some attention just for him- he lights up. He has the greatest laugh and we get to hear it quite often. He slept through the night early on, but now he is getting up 2-3 times. His naps have become erratic, but I still love him. I'm just telling myself that he's teething and has gas so I can go along saying, "poor thing" and not getting angry. He can roll really well from his back to his front and is getting more comfortable going from his front to his back. He squirms around when he sleeps, usually ending up perpendicular from however I first laid him down. He is getting better at eating his cereal- now over half of it actually stays in his mouth. We are already into 9 month clothing. The little man has a long torso and short little arms and legs for now. We had a good laugh noticing that his arms barely reach to his head. He likes to pull his own hair. Baby proportions are so off at first. I'm sure everything will end up just right though. He still won't take a pacifier or bottle. He has survived his first flight (to Sacramento to visit Granny). He also FINALLY took a real bath without screaming the entire time. I can't believe so much time has flown by. I am still so blessed to have my two boys who are (relatively) easy.
TYLER
Our kiddo is 27 months old now and does all sorts of tricks. He says please and thank you sooo well. He is getting good at picking things up. He is my right hand man and an excellent helper. He wants to help cook everything...sometimes cute, sometimes annoying :) He is getting better at entertaining himself. He does cute things for his brother that he doesn't think I see. Tyler will pick up toys and give them to Jacob. Wipe spit-up with a burp rag or even sing "twinkle, twinkle" when Jake is crying in the car. Tyler loves to have his turn holding Jacob or being the first one to check on him when he's awake. Tyler is putting more words together in sentences. He definitely knows more words than I taught him. He can recall a lot of the books that we read to him. If I stop he can usually fill in the word. He can count better- up to 3 without fail, one time he counted to 7- when I told him he could have as many gummy bears as he could count- go figure! He loves Jesus and Temples right now. He says prayers...kinda. He mostly repeats about every third word- but it's still cute. He loves the park. He calls anyone he meets his friend. He gives hugs so freely. Tyler is truly a blessing in my life (note to self: re-read this when I forget how lucky I am)
Ryan is also one of my favorite boys. Ryan is currently operating at 150% capacity and I don't know how he does it. We are blessed that he has a job- but he is there so much that we miss him. He kills it at work though. He does things now that people couldn't do in a good economy. He has moved up so quickly and proven that people can be valuable assets even without a degree. Speaking of degrees- he's still taking classes online through University of Phoenix. He does homework every night after the boys are in bed. He can write a paper faster than I can fold the laundry! He is an excellent leader in his group projects and he is frequently reminded that not everyone has the work ethic that he does. He has had some really crummy teachers- but he has yet to earn a B. All A's, overtime hours, two boys, and one needy wife later...he's still breathing...he truly is astounding. Love him dearly but I can't wait for this "phase" of life to be over so I can have my husband around more.
That's in on my boys. Now it's my turn to try a bit harder to become worthy of the men in my life. I'm going to try to stay on top of chores, and be more active with my boys. I'd like to be more organized again so the house runs more smoothly ... and so I stop losing critical documents (arg!). I hope other moms are as lucky as I am with my boys- all 3 of them.
2 comments:
you are so blessed! some day I will meet your two sweet boys! and hang out with your fabulous big boy! Love you!
Wow, I can't believe all that Ryan is doing! It is a good thing you guys take vacations here and there to get a break!
Post a Comment