Monday morning my wake-up call was on the monitor.
I had just barely got Jacob out of his crib and laid him back down in the port-a-crib (at 5:30) when I hear noises on the monitor. I pull it closer and listen...
"go dog! go!" (page turns)
"work dog! work!" (page turns)
"play dog!play" (page turns)
"dog party. big dog party" (close book)
I sneak in to see Tyler sitting on his bed with a few books spread around him. Of course I'm greeted with a smile and a "hi momma!"
Tuesday morning my wake-up call was a light knocking on my door.
I was confused, I didn't know if I was hearing Jacob kicking the crib or a knock on the door so I check the door first and find Tyler standing there, holding a blanket to cover himself up. I assume he's naked- because he usually is. But then he drops the blanket and says, "keep pants on....please?" He's found a pair of Jacob's sweat pants to grow in to (about 18 mos. size) and put them on. I asked him if he had on underwear and somehow he had found a clean pair of underwear (and put them on backwards because he likes to see the pictures) Of course I let him keep on the pants and backwards underwear...for awhile.
Wednesday morning (today) my wake-up call was a POUNDING on my door.
Crazy Tyler apparently doesn't understand when I tell him he can come in and get me in the morning. Or the part that he's supposed to leave the light off in his room so Jake can stay asleep. Someday he'll get it. Or he'll just sleep in!
This morning Tyler was almost completely naked. He had actually knocked on the door to get help taking off his pajama shirt, which he was stuck in. He decided that he'd like to put on other jammies and since we moved all the drawers around yesterday he can get to all his own clothes now. Maybe a big mistake! We'll see.
Wonder what tomorrow morning holds for me...
2 comments:
Ahh, why can't kids let the momma sleep? We're hard workers, you know. We need our rest. ;-) Elise has been getting up quite early today. I finally dragged myself up at 5:37 this morning. Blah.
It will get easier. Micah wakes up around 7 then Chad gets him milk and turns on Disney Channel. Then I get to sleep until 8ish when Brooklyn wakes up. So glad I have one that likes to sleep in!
Post a Comment