
My mom and Dad were able to come out to visit for Heather's birthday. They watched the kids so Heather and Taylor could go enjoy a weekend without the kiddos...before there are 3. I don't think I had mentioned it on the blog yet- but I'm pretty sure it's been long enough to mention. The Waites are adding baby #3 to the mix in late July (which-for Heather- means early July). With my parents in town- of course we had to take the chance to get together.
The whole gang came over to spend Saturday with us after a very eventful Friday. I can't say much- but let's just say it was one of the most frightening afternoons I've had yet. Ryan received a threat at work from a disgruntled customer who, somehow, found out where we lived and said he'd follow Ryan home from work and do....etc, etc to him and his family. Ry called as we were grocery shopping and asked if we were okay, where we were, etc then told me what had happened. We were pretty scared for awhile. The company's security department followed up with the customer and the local police. The mom in me was scared I wouldn't be able to protect my kids if anything were to happen- thankfully it hasn't come to that!
Well, after calming down for a night, the distraction of company was much appreciated. We enjoyed playing, going to the park, hiking the mountain, lunch, "relaxed" watching a show with suckers (see pic) naps, and a yummy dinner at Cafe Rio where we introduced my parents to their first taste of the delicious pork. It was pretty interesting to sit 8 people, but it was fun and we were glad to get to spend the time with family.

Tyler and daddy have been becoming best buds. I love to see Tyler ask for daddy again and miss him. It is so cute to watch Tyler enjoy the attention and he's even been falling asleep on Ryan- that hasn't happened in over a year. Tyler and daddy are a daring duo at church too. With Jacob being more demanding during sacrament meeting now we have to divide and conquer. Tyler is now very willing to sit with daddy and lead music or follow along in the hymn book as we sing. He is also enjoying frequent potty trips during sacrament meeting. This past Sunday he even had an exceptional day in nursery. When Ryan picked him up, the teachers said he was good. Of course Ryan said, "thanks, that's good to hear." Then they came back with, "no, really, he was
very good." What a great thing to hear as a parent. We're so proud of our big boy. He even got a small scoop of ice cream to celebrate his great day at nursery.

Lastly...the past 2 mornings I've been waking up with my eye swollen shut! What the?! This pic is mostly for my mom and sister who've had to listen to my nurses questions. So far, still not blind, but my eye was literally swollen shut. I'm sure that was enough to freak out Tyler when he woke up at 5:30am again!? Thankfull, it gets better throughout the day but doesn't go away completely. Oh well.

Check out this handsome boy. We were trying to take some pictures of the boys to put in the frames that my dad helped us hang (thanks Daddy!) but of course the camera ran out of batteries...but I got this one at least. I love this boy (most of the time ;) ).
1 comment:
Maybe you have pink eye. That has been going around like crazy lately!
Post a Comment