Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Daddy's Day!

I'm a day late (as usual) but I want to remember just how great dads really are, especially Ryan.

Tyler made Ryan a little tie in nursery at church to give to daddy and it says, "I love daddy because he takes me to get donuts"

Ryan has been excited to be a dad since we were first married. His first Father's Day was one that neither of us will forget, it was the day we brought Tyler home from the hospital. Somewhere in all of our nick-nacks we have a napkin from the hospital that day- a special treat just for the dads.

Ryan has been such a diligent worker even though his job is less-than-ideal. He is so willing to stick with it simply to pay our bills and keep me home so that I have a chance to try to raise our boys. We are hopeful that something better will come along soon so Ryan can have more time with the boys to be the dad he wants to be.

We love the traditions that Ryan has introduced to our family and the boys love them too. I think the boys' favorite thing is to get donuts with daddy early on Saturday morning (when he has the day off) or decorate sugar cookies for every holiday.

I love to see Ryan work and grow to be even more than he already is. He is way too hard on himself and he deserves more than just one day to say thank you! We love you Ryan...more than you know.

We are also blessed to have 4 other "dads" around! We have Batchu aka Grandpa Denos, Grandpa Igaloo aka Grandpa Crooks, Great-Grandpa Denos, and Popa (Great-Grandpa Dunn). I am so greatful that my kids get to see even their great-grandpas from time to time. We are blessed with a great heritage of love, compassion, kindess, and strength. We are truly blessed to have wonderful men to look to as examples of what is to come.

Tyler has even learned a story or two about Great- Grandpa Hammerschlag who he never got to meet, but now whenever he sees a lunar rover he says, "great-grandpa make it!" I love sharing our geneology and I'm even more impressed that Tyler can already remember these stories. I look forward to the day that Jacob can remember stories of his great-grandpa as well.

No comments: