Thursday, June 17, 2010

on my toes

Having two boys is really fun. I have a lot to laugh about and a lot to get grey hairs over. Here are a few of the boys latest

Jake:
split open his lip @ Heathers, rushed to 2 different ERs because the wait time was so long at the first. No stitches, just Motrin and an ice bag-- but fun none-the-less

Got stung by a bee at the pool while trying to be sweet and get closer to his brother. Screamed bloody murder while I tried to get the stinger out and it took forever! (really only a minute or so- but forever when your baby is in pain!)

Was "helped" to fall and scratch up his cute little face, cheek, eye, forehead while trying to push the trike in the back yard.

pukes still- all the time. for no apparent reason.

Tyler:
Sprayed sunscreen in his eyes while I took a 15 second potty break (moms should come with unlimited bladder space so we only have to pee once a day). Seriously screaming, red eyes, screamed even more while I flushed his eyes with water, screamed some more, then went on his bed and told me he was ready to sleep.
Tries to get himself drinks all the time. Usually ending up in spilled (fill in the blank). He will open the fridge, get out the juice or milk, get up on his step-stool so he can reach the counter and his cup and pour himself a drink. This is usually when I'm putting Jake down for a nap. He has done it successfully a few times, others...well, he's learned how to clean up juice spills ;)
Lets himself out the front door to wave at the "dump-trash" aka garbage truck...also usually while I'm in the shower or something else where I can't run after him.
Someday the boys will call me and tell me what their little boys are doing to torture them. I will smile and say, "I have no idea where they get such crazy ideas" when really, I know exactly where. It is in their DNA!
I am so grateful for days when I get enough sleep that I can just smile, give a hug to stop tears, pick up the pieces, and move on to some other fun thing. Today has been one of those days. We made and cleaned up messes, went for a walk, played at the water park with friends, survived the sunscreen incident, and have all been generally happy. The boys are still napping which is a good sign that we'll have silly boys to tire out before bedtime, but daddy will be home for dinner soon and we'll have a blast being together.

No comments: