Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Journaling

In an effort to remember these moments of life here's another little peek into daily life with two little boys.

Ryan didn't have to go into work until 1pm today (but he has to work until 9pm). He ran off to a dentist appointment this morning around the same time that Jake went down for his morning nap.

As it goes, Jake decided it would be good to have a dirty diaper after I put him down for a nap which led to him being overly tired and extremely upset. It took nearly an hour to get him to sleep, by which time Ryan was home.

Typically, Tyler and I just have to find something to do around the house while Jake naps- but not when daddy is home. The boys got on their suits and went to spend some quality time at the pool. Tyler gets so excited to go to the pool with "just daddy" and he always comes home smiling.

We did lunch, played, and took afternoon naps for both of the boys (kinda). Jake just couldn't settle down for his afternoon nap either so we let Tyler sleep until 4 and then woke him up to go swimming again.

We had a quick, early, dinner then headed to the pool around 5 and ended up staying until about 7. Tyler met a little boy named Aaron from our neighborhood and the two of them just laughed and laughed. Aaron shared some toys with Tyler and the two of them just ran around jumping in the water, squirting each other, making up silly games, and just being happy. I LOVE Tyler's laugh- absolutely love it. I still think it is God's gift to me for putting up with non-stop crying for so much of the first year of his life...regardless- it is so pure and innocent and contagious.

I so enjoyed being a mom today. I got to just be with my kids. Tyler's laugh in the background while watching Jake learn and explore. Jake entertained himself with rocks and practicing walking back and forth between the pool and spa. Jake shares his smile with everyone and waves just to make sure they know he is looking at them. People (even punk teenagers) smile back and almost always have something sweet to say. It was a good end to a long day.

1 comment:

The Trotter Family said...

SOunds like fun. I love days when you can forget about the errands, chores, etc. and just play and talk and cuddle with the kids!