Monday, February 13, 2012

Funny Boys

Today started off stressful with too much "correcting" (aka yelling) and short tempers.  The day got better when Adam finally took a nap and the boys got dressed and excited to go to the park.
The day got even better when we went to the park and even though it was windy and cold there was another mom there with her kids that are my kids' ages and they played so well together.
After that it was pretty much all roses...well, mostly.
Tonight, after dinner and saying bye to daddy I had to get poor, sick, Adam to bed.  He went down early and the boys ended up watching Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood video clips- you know how he used to take us on "field trips" to learn about different things.  Tonight's clip was about making towels.

Well, Tyler got silly and pulled out my hair elastic and starting "doing" my hair.  Which usually means just getting it all knotty.  Jake joined in.  The boys got the squirt bottle and told me to sit still while they did my hair.  They ended up cracking up while they styled my hair.  All they really did was get it soaking wet and brush it- but they thought they were so funny.  We were all in stitches. 

I love it when being patient and letting them do something a little silly (which sometimes I find annoying) ends up being a great memory where we are all laughing and just enjoying being together.  They went to bed so easily after laughing together and they even worked together taking turns.  I am just grateful they didn't surprise me with any scissors in my hair styling!

Tonight I am thankful for the times we find to laugh.  I hope we find something to laugh about tomorrow- because it sure feels good!

1 comment:

The Trotter Family said...

Thanks for the reminder. I've been less than tolerant of the silly stuff lately and need to just let go.