Thursday, January 3, 2008

The joys of Parenting...and camera buying

First off- our new digital camera should be here tomorrow! Finally- hope for something more than just words on this post.
Funny story with the camera. We ordered online from Kodak.com after much shopping. We must have put different cameras in our cart about a million times to see the "sale price". After finally deciding on the v1003 we were so excited to make our purchase and receive a free 2GB SD card with it we forgot to look at one small detail- the default color. Needless to say, about 15 minutes after securing our purchase we looked at the fabulous receipt that we printed out to see that we just purchased ourselves the most fantastic PINK BLISS camera we will ever own. That's right, default color on our model was pink. That should be fun to have around. Ryan will feel really good about using it when I'm not around. We should be a part of some study to see if families with pink cameras take less pictures because dad won't touch the camera ;) We are kinda over it and just excited to have a camera again. I feel like we have missed so many picture opportunities in the past month or so.
Speaking of picture opportunities...just in the past day or two Tyler has figured out how to roll over and play in his crib. It all started about 1am two nights ago when I heard the most atrocious sound on the monitor. I ran (half asleep) into Tyler's room hoping that he was okay. Of course he was, he had just found his way onto his stomach and was eating up the monitor in his crib! This was cause for some adjustments the next day. We put his crib mattress down quite a bit lower and I got creative and hid the monitor behind some of the bumpers on his crib. He is so cute when I get to go in and "catch" him in the act. He looks up at me as if he was getting away with something. He has developed a sly little personality and he's learning how to scoot around his crib quite well. I have had to revert to wrapping him up for now to get him to fall asleep before he rolls over and gets stuck on his hands and knees. What a joker!
Another fun first has been with food. Tyler has had a blast eating toast cut into quarters, the inside of daddy's fries when he was throwing a fit at a restaurant, anything on mommy's plate he can grab before I stop him, peaches...he loves them, squished rice, baby stars, and just about anything else he sees everyone else eating. We love our curious little boy and can't wait to catch up with pictures.

No comments: