Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Moments of Clarity

There are those moments in life when the sun shines, the heavens open, and things just make sense...
Last Saturday Ryan and I left Tyler with Grandma Denos, Grammie H., and Aunt Heather so we could run to Costco really quick. We grabbed a quick lunch while we were out too. It was the strangest thing to get out of the car and not open the back passenger-side door to get out our son. It was so strange to stand in line together to order. It was so strange to not pick our table based on where Tyler's car seat could fit. It was so strange to sit and talk. Then I looked over at Ryan and asked, "Is this what life was like before having a kid?" We both kinda laughed at how boring and quiet things were without Tyler around. I was definitely having separation anxiety hoping that our little guy was doing ok without us. The rest of the quick trip together was fun...and strange. Ryan and I agree that we love each other to pieces, but it didn't feel quite complete without Tyler with us. We had our own moment of clarity when we realized that life really was good...just not complete before we had our little Tyler. Tyler makes us a family and we wouldn't have it any other way.

An update...when I called to check on Tyler thinking he'd be freaking out away from me I hear him cracking up in the background. He was laughing at a squeaking toy and he was just fine without us. He hardly even looked up when we rushed in to pick him up. Guess he's already becoming independent! Love our little guy :)

1 comment:

The Nelsons said...

Isn't it bizarre to be childless? When Nathan and I go out without Greta it's really quiet and we can actually eat our food...But we usually end up talking about her and of course we miss her like crazy. Haha!