Sunday, February 3, 2008

Just thinking...

Thinking tends to happen on Sundays. This week has been full of thinking and worrying. Tyler is sick with the worst sounding cough. Ryan even took a sick day this week for the first time at this job. We also did some wonderful budgeting... I don't think any marriage would be complete without the "budgeting years". I hope that these end sooner rather than later. I have always been a big saver. All through High School I would shop with my friends, then go return whatever I bought usually within a week. I have been baby sitting and tutoring since I was about 10. During college I even worked in the dorms for two additional years to save money and get out of college debt free. B.B. (before baby) I even worked three jobs because I always felt like there was never quite enough in savings...you know, just in case.

Needless to say, with a history like that, cutting back to one income has been a challenge. I have had to let go of controlling the income and just do my best to limit the outgoing cash. Ryan is learning of the strange sense of responsibility that comes with being the breadwinner (I was making the money earlier so he could take crazy heavy loads at school and finish faster). He is so amazing at working hard and working well. He was hired before he left the parking lot from his first interview. They loved him then and we hope that they will continue to love, and promote, him. Then maybe, when we can put away what I want into savings, then I'll stress a little less...at least about that one aspect.

My next area to get a handle of is organizing my house. At work I was maticulous about planning way ahead, always being prepared, and staying on top of everything. Now that I "just stay at home" all day it is so frustrating that plans aren't made that far ahead, I'm not always prepared, and I am most definitely not on top of many things. I am trying though. I keep wishing that I could get one of those home shows to come make-over the organizational aspects of our house and then I could just keep it up. Until that day happens I'm trying to tackle one area at a time. Well, those are the goals for now... those and watching Tyler grow and loving the chance I have to be around him and "just staying home".

Here's to hopefully accomplishing another goal in the next seven days!

No comments: