Saturday, April 5, 2008

On a more happy note...

Well, here we go- the fun stuff.

Despite the illness that has been in our house, we still have a good time. We made it out to the park on my bday even with Tyler not feeling well...and proving it at the park...twice ;). He has come across this new bear crawl. It is so funny to see. I don't know if his knees are tired of hitting the floor or if he wants to be halfway closer to walking. Either way- it's cute to see. Even though he felt gross all day, it was so cute when he'd find his blanket wherever it was and cuddle up to it. He really is a sweet boy.


Ya- it's me. Ryan decided that he needed to take at least one really bad birthday picture of me at the end of a long day of dealing with puke and other stuff. You know, just for "posterity" We have yet to celebrate with just Ryan and I...here's a subtle hint for you babe...just in case you forgot ;)


Tyler has been fun to watch grow up- we love documenting his every moment, as evidenced by this blog. He has had several nick-names so far during his time with us. The first was probably Houdini- because he could get out of any swaddle we put him in. Seriously- anything, even those fancy Velcro blanket ones. He was so tricky. His next nick name was Stinky...for obvious reasons. This poor boy has had the loudest gas come out of a tiny body! They usually came at very quiet moments too...like at church. His most recent name is Mr. Bear given to him by his dad. Tyler not only bear crawls now, but he also likes to growl...a lot. I think those are the top three so far.
Last for now- my family has been in town this weekend. My dad works a convention every year for GE here in Las Vegas so he came out on business, Mom and Jordan came up from Cali...for her birthday and brother Ben came down from Provo because he loves us all. It has been kinda crazy and we really haven't spent any time with them between kids' nap schedules and Ryan and I being sick. So, kinda bitter sweet. I got some kind birthday cards from my Mom & Dad and brothers- but we really didn't get to celebrate much...there's always next year. We miss being altogether somewhere that the kids can all sleep so we can watch movies and play games. So, if you read this mom and dad...sorry we didn't get to see you much. We really do like you ;) Thanks for making the long haul to visit anyway.
Okay, not really last because this is really last. We'll end with a little health update. I, by the grace of God, and I'm pretty certain it's because I'm a mom (we don't even get sick days), got miraculously better after spending only 15 hours or so emptying all contents of my body. Ryan took about 2 days so far. He finally ate food again tonight and is doing okay. He still needs a lot of rest. Sweet Tyler is working on it too. He is having trouble keeping food down again but he's perky most of the day.

3 comments:

Drew and Kat said...

Oh my goodness, I can't wait to see Tyler, I can't beleive how much he has changed since Christmas! We are ALL so glad that things worked out for you guys to come! =) I am not sure if you are staying at your parents or with poppa, but if you are close we are having a little dinner for any out of town guest at our house Friday night. I am sure we will be talking soon, I am not sure if my mom has called you guys yet! Anyway, I am sorry you guys have been under the weather, that's no fun=( We can't wait for this weekend!! And I LOVE your sound wedding advice, weddings can get really distracting over things you will forget in about a week! =)

Jenna said...

Well, once again thanks for the fun day. I'm sorry I took up most of your Sunday. It was kind of you to let me come over and hang out and eat. For sure tho it is our turn next time. You can't keep doing this in a row stuff. I'm glad you are all feeling better. We will see you this weekend at the wedding. Drive safely!!

Sara said...

sad times! I hope all are better now, and that you still got to enjoy somewhat of a birthday!