Thursday, April 17, 2008

our new secret talent

Take a look at these pics. They tell a good story...
We were on a family walk Monday morning and came across some "treasures" out for trash day, a set of 6, matching, solid wood, chairs. SWEET. Ryan ran back with the truck and picked them up. The closer we looked at them, the more disgusting they looked. Sooo we thought we'd try our hand at re-upholstering them. We made a little evening rendezvous Thursday at the local JoAnn's store, picked up some foam and sweet material and by 10pm we have three of six chairs done. We might be going pro shortly. Inquire for prices of our services ;)

BEFORE



AFTER

6 comments:

Kris and Kally said...

Wow!!!! You did a really good job! I am impressed! We are looking for chairs...so if you find any, give me a shout! I'll drive out and get them! hehehe! Oh...and a ten year reunion would be SOOOO FUN!

Matt and Jill said...

the chairs look great! I found an old wood chest with my mom on the street and we recovered and painted it...brand new!! Well done. :)

Jenna said...

You guys are awesome!! I may have to inquire about your prices because our chairs could use a good new makeover...note to self don't have white cushions!! Yes you caught me I'm at work. I check blogs when I get bored which is often and usually when I'm covering phones up front because it is easier for me to be discreet. Well we are going to have to coordinate a day to get together maybe it will be nice next Saturday and we can do something outside.

Jenna said...

You guys are awesome!! I may have to inquire about your prices because our chairs could use a good new makeover...note to self don't have white cushions!! Yes you caught me I'm at work. I check blogs when I get bored which is often and usually when I'm covering phones up front because it is easier for me to be discreet. Well we are going to have to coordinate a day to get together maybe it will be nice next Saturday and we can do something outside.

Drew and Kat said...

I am SOO impresses, upholstering can be so expensive!! They look great!!

I am SO glad you guys could be there!! I know there are some real cute pics of Tyler and you guys!

Berkley, Meredith, Tanner & Avery said...

Why wait til the 10 year reunion? Let's do a 7 or 8 year! I hope we can connect with you guys soon... maybe this summer!:)