Saturday, May 17, 2008

The First Haircut!!

It is a big moment in any mother's life...the first haircut for my little boy. Thankfully, my sister's sister-in-law (resident hair cutter extraordinaire) Emily, happened to be staying the night last night and graciously agreed to do the damage for me so that I wouldn't freak out or pay some yahoo dressed up in a funny outfit to cut Tyler's hair while he was screaming in an airplane hair cutter's chair!
The experience was quiet pleasant. Tyler couldn't take his eyes off of the beautiful woman cutting his hair (or he was just trying to figure out what was going on) He sat fairly still, let out a few giggles, some smiles, enjoyed a bit of a granola bar, and voila- haircut over!
He is so handsome- but so grown-up looking. I am so glad that I didn't have to try to do it on my own, but part of me misses my little boy already. I guess they have to grow up eventually.
BEFORE

DURING

(note the little goatee...a little hair transplant ;) )

AFTER


2 comments:

Jenna said...

He still looks adorable!!! It was fun to see you guys yesterday. Tyler was so funny in the pool. He is going to be a little swimmer before you know it. Have fun in California!!!

Drew and Kat said...

Love it! He was SO brave too, that could of gone sooo much worse!!!