I can't believe it has almost been a week already. In some ways it seems like much longer, other times it seems like I just had this little boy. Ryan and I are still in denial that he is really ours. I think the whole planned c-section thing made it seem like it was just a medical procedure so it didn't have the whole time of labor to sink in. However, it was really neat having number two and realizing a little bit more what it means. I got to see the look of a proud dad in Ryan's eyes again the second Jacob was born and started crying. Right then I knew it would be okay, even if things might be incredibly difficult at times also.
We have been home since Friday afternoon. My hospital experience wasn't quite what I had hoped it would be. Basically the nurses stink and don't take care of you anyway so we thought we'd rather be at home with Tyler and that's exactly what we did.
VISITORS :)
Tyler is adjusting to his little brother. So far he has actually been an angel (mostly). He likes to ask for "turn" to hold his brother. He likes to point out his body parts. He is excellent at giving kisses. Tyler is a little too interested sometimes. One night he even stood up in bed as I was singing his lullaby to him saying "baby" because Jacob was crying. Tyler wouldn't lay down until Jacob stopped crying. It's nice that we have been so blessed so far...I'm just waiting for reality to hit :)
So much fun so far. I love the cuddles and everything that goes with it. We've had very few rough moments so far and I'm hoping it continues that way. Today was a little rough for Jacob- the big "C" at the doc. Ryan and I both stayed in the room for the procedure. The Dr. said only one of us needed to be there but we couldn't decide who would hold less of a grudge so we both stayed...it was pretty horrible, but it's done. Sweet Jacob as been sleeping all day since then and I hope he forgives me some day!
Enjoy the pictures for now. We'll look for another opportunity to post soon!
5 comments:
I am so glad that you guys are home. Now reality begins! Let me know if you need anything!
Congrats! I know two is quite an adjustment. It feels like there is not enough hours in the day (especially for us type A's). This is when you let some things go and start to just live and love that time. Good luck and get some rest!
I am so happy for you! I hope you are adjusting well and that things are going okay! He is precious! So stinking cute! Congrats congrats!
Congrats to you, Ryan and Tyler! I hope you are doing well. I miss talking with you. Sleep when you can and enjoy your boys!
He is adorable! Congrats!
Post a Comment