Friday, May 29, 2009

Not-so-little-guy

We went to the Dr. yesterday for Jacob's one month check-up (now that he's six weeks old). We got a two-for-one deal though, the doc was willing to do Jacob's shots now and call it good until four months.

Poor little guy had to get three vaccines and his PKU test re-done for the 3rd time because the lab messed up the second. He was not too happy. In the middle of it all the nurse handed me the syringe full of Tylenol while I was holding Jacob in the car seat in one hand and chasing Tyler around the office...long story short the entire dose of Tylenol went into Jacob's mouth in one shot and he started CHOKING on it! What a good mom huh?! Well, he's still alive and he's stopped blowing bubbles out of his mouth from trying to breathe the Tylenol.

Here are the big boy's stats:

22 in. long...50th percentile
11lb. 5oz....50-75th percentile
Jacob grew 2lbs in the two weeks that we were gone and grew another 1.5 inches in one month! I forgot how fast they grow up.

3 comments:

AdriHutch said...

Wow! I can't believe he is so big already! We need to get together. Talk to you soon! -Adrienne

Jenna said...

OMG he is huge!!! So fun to see you guys!!! Thanks for taking time out of your busy trip to see us.

The Trotter Family said...

Huge? I think that is still pretty small! And we have all have had mommy moments like that. I had my kids at the doctor the other day and I would swear that her uterus shriveled just observing my two's behavior in there. Who would want kids like that?