Sunday, September 28, 2008

fun with cousins

This past week we got to see the cousins twice!! Heather and the kids came out on Thursday (see earlier blog) to watch Tyler so I could go to my meeting. Tyler LOVES his cousins! They all play together, follow each other around, make big messes, and just laugh.

Benjamin is usually the ring leader simply because he's the oldest. Again- it was sooo much fun to have them around for practically a full day.



Ryan is still working really hard, and lots of hours, but Tyler is learning how to make the most of his time with daddy. One of the most hilarious moments of the week was one night, probably a good 10-15 minutes AFTER bedtime when Tyler decided to climb up daddy. Tyler usually enjoys a little warm milk on daddy's lap, but the milk was quickly forgotten.


The climbing began innocently, then Tyler would climb right up daddy's face and crack up the entire way. We have a small video of it that I'll try to upload later.

Our fun continued with Tyler discovering where I keep the chocolate chips...oh no! Well, I gave in and made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast on Saturday. It was fun to let Tyler enjoy a sweet treat and get a little more messy than I'd like!

Saturday was also filled with a great adventure. We found our way to Mount Charleston to meet up with Heather, Taylor, Benjamin, and Madelyn. What an trip!

As we were driving up the mountain I was watching the storm clouds get closer and closer, until we were in it! We drove through some rain, which passed, but then I took a look at my temperature...58!! When we left home it was easily 88 (at 9am).

We didn't let a little rain or cold stop us! Heather was a saint and let Tyler borrow a pair of pants she had in the car and I did think to bring him a jacket- but I was left in shorts and a shirt...smart huh?
Tyler and the kids LOVED exploring the picnic sight. The tall grass, fallen logs, rocks, dirt...it was all a fantasy playground.
We put the kids in the strollers and went for a walk, in the rain :) We enjoyed a quick lunch before it started pouring down again. After the big rain the adults decided we should get the kids dried off and go for a scenic drive. It was beautiful, and actually quite mountainous for what I thought Las Vegas would be.
Overall, loved it! So glad Heather thought to invite us along.

1 comment:

Matt and Jill said...

Too funny! We were up there this past Saturday and we loved it! We put Scott in a little backpack thing, and headed for the mountains! We really need to get together soon!