Saturday, September 13, 2008

temple,2nd haircut, and new clothes

We have still been enjoying ourselves quite a bit here in California.
Friday I got to go to the Newport Beach Temple with my family. My cousin Emily is preparing for a mission to Guatemala. Tyler was a perfect boy and slept the entire time I was gone. Uncle Jordan saved the day and drove him down to meet up with us to go to dinner at Coco's with the big ol' group. We got to see lots of family and be a part of a special day for Emily.
Tyler has been enjoying story time with Grandpa at night. He will only sit still for a few minutes at a time- but we had to capture one of the cute moments!
This morning (sat.) Tyler got to get up with Grandpa (since I thought he fell back asleep because the monitor was so quiet) Tyler made me breakfast with Grandpa. We had eggs, sausage, and hash browns. So yummy! Tyler became Grandpa's shadow for the day. The two went grocery shopping together, did laundry, mowed the lawn, pulled some weeds, vacuumed, snacked, and even lounged in the backyard together. Tyler has been so cute following him around.
This afternoon Tyler and I got to go get our hair cut by our friend Claire. She did such a great job! Tyler's hair was done so quick and I got some tips to try it myself next time. He looks so handsome! My hair is awesome. I went a little shorter so that I can actually do it quickly in the morning and hope that it will just curl on its own. Tyler got to come home and go swimming with Grandpa while I got my hair cut. The little guy was pooped when I got home- but sure looked like he had a great time. Now Grandpa understands just how fearless the little guy is when it comes to water.
Grandma Anita (Great-Grandma) came over tonight along with the Jones' and Richey's for a BBQ, and, as grandmas do, she brought some clothes over for Tyler. We have been looking for a white shirt and tie for church- and now he's got em!!
We are sad to leave here tomorrow but excited to get home to daddy. I'm sure I'm forgetting some fun adventures but I'm going to get my little swimmer ready for bed!

3 comments:

Drew and Kat said...

Tyler looks too cute in that white shirt and tie...your toddler is turning into a little boy so fast!=) Sounds like you guys had a fun trip! I hope you are feeling well, we are still so excited for baby Crooks #2!

Jess said...

I agree, Tyler is quite the stud muffin in his lil' shirt and tie. I missed you tonight at Heather's, but am glad that you were able to get home safely and rest. We'll have to get together this week or next weekend. nighty night.

Richey's said...

Hey, learn to spell my last name right, I mean it has been over 6 years now. I love you, glad we got to spend some time together!