Friday, September 26, 2008

learning lessons and EXCITING news

Tyler and I have been having fun just hanging out. I got a calling last week to help out with enrichment for our ward. I was originally excited to help out...then we had our first meeting. I am ashamed to admit, but walking into the meeting I felt SO OUT OF PLACE! I know that we are so blessed with everything that we do have...house, health, food, etc... but seeing these ladies all completely put-together, the home we were in was AMAZING...seriously out of a magazine amazing, and the lady just had a baby three weeks ago! Then we started discussing ideas. Holy cow. These ladies were unreal (in a good way). They know to do all these crafts, the technical terms for things, they just have apothecary jars laying around, fancy foo-foo things... oh man. I know it all doesn't matter at all- but I was very humbled (read, embarrassed)

So, here is my take-away from the encounter; Learn from these ladies. I would love to be like that some day, but for now my goal is to contribute what I can, not be embarrassed by what I do (or do not) have, and ask questions.

During the meeting Heather and the kids were playing at my place so Tyler could nap. It was so fun to have them all around for the entire day. Tyler was excited beyond words. We played around the house, had lunch, and played in the pool. We are so blessed with great family. Thanks to Heather and the kids for coming all the way to us.

Lastly, and completely out of order, I got some very, VERY, exciting news on Tuesday. My sister-in-law Sarah called me up and let me know that she is pregnant too!! Not only that- but we are due about 2 weeks apart. I am completely excited with the idea of cousins being so close in age- and I hope she is too. Sarah and Ryan have always been so good with Tyler when we get together. I can't wait for them to have their very own life-changing experience. Children are so amazing. If you read this Sarah...hope you still feel good and keep me posted!!

3 comments:

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

This is Angie Drake (formerly Pickett). I was just looking through some pictures from back in Tustin, and I had a random thought to see if maybe you had a blog and what you were up to. I haven't seen you since your sister's wedding, and we haven't really hung out since elementary school, so I hope you don't mind me blog-stalking you. Congratulations on your marriage on your little one.

Rae said...

Aw! My cousin Adri is the sweetest. She amazes me with all she does. I'm so happy two of my favorite people have met! Hope you're loving your new home and getting all settled!!

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

You were surprisingly easy to find. (A little scary, huh?) I just googled "Laura Denos," and about the third or fourth entry down showed a message with your name in it that you had left on a blog. I clicked on your blogged and recognized you instantly.

It is funny that our latest milestones (marriage and children) happened so close together. I actually just got released from the Enrichment calling a couple of weeks ago and put into Young Womens. You're definitely beating me on the whole second child thing, though. It's fun to read what you've been up to.