Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Any Advice?

Calling all moms of two or more children! Does anyone have advice about...

- which double stroller to buy (to fit in the trunk of a Camry)
- how to get your older kid into a big boy bed
- how to ween said older kid from his dang pacifier
- planning time for each kid
- anything random you needed for your second kid that you didn't have? (I'm thinking this will be pretty sparse since we're having a second boy..)

Please let me know your thoughts- especially on the stroller situation.

Thanks

oh- and if you're blogstalking (which I doubt anyone is on my blog- but hey, it could happen) and you have advice- leave it anyway. I need it!

5 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

Wow, you are asking a lot in one blog. Well, first off, we have a Joovy Caboose and love it. People stop me all the time and ask what it is. Your's will be closer in age though, so you could probably do a side by side if you wanted. Micah Had a hard time transitioning to a big boy bed the first two nights. I laid on the floor next to him the first night and then further away then next night and then he was good to go. As for getting him off the pacifier, we were told to cut a little bit off the tip each day until it is too hard for them to hold in his mouth. We did this and he swallowed a bunch of air and he threw up (not what we intended) and he didn't want it after that. I have heard of the whole binky fairy thing too. Let me know if you want to know more about that. One on one time is hard to find. Just take advantage of the time when one is up and the other is napping. I can't think of what you would need with a second (other than the double stroller) that you don't already have. I hope you transition well. I had a really rough time with it and spent a lot of my first few months in tears. I was just trying to do too much and be perfect. I have learned to relax and take it for what it is and just enjoy my ride!

Richey's said...

Laura- don't worry about the pacifier! there that's my advice. Love you and miss you!

The Nelsons said...

greta would never take a pacifier so i can't help ya on that one. I heard one girl say she told her baby that there were lots of other kids in the world who didn't have pacifiers and so she put them in a box, addressed them to someone and had her child help her mail them at the post office. the stroller thing...we have a sit-n-stand stroller, but i'm not sure how i feel about it yet. greta hates sitting in a stroller which is why i got one where she could stand up. turns out she just doesn't like to be confined. if i could get a new one, i think i'd try the one on my blog that was in that contest. you can adjust it for each child which is handy. as for the big kid bed - we got greta a toddler bed. we made a HUGE deal out of how cool it was. and don't worry about gaining weight. i am still not pleased with my post-baby figure...and also, here's some advice. when i just had greta i could usually get things done. i find this to be significantly more difficult right now with their ages. i just have to not plan to get much done and if i can more than that done, great, and if not....i just have to let it go. it's hard for me!! but sometimes i have to remind myself, i can be a mommy or i can have a clean house/get things done/have a pre-baby body/whatever else. and being a mom is more important than any of that. :) love you!!

Pam said...

Hi Laura,
I am anxious to know what the T in T B.C. is. Two boys will be so much fun. I tell Trevor and Tyler they are lucky to have a brother friend.
For stroller opinions check this blog it is someone in our ward- hansenexpress.blogspot. There are some good comments. My personal favorite 1st choice double stroller is the Graco Duoglider LXI or maybe an LX that has the nicer features that the LXI has. I like that one because I can easily push and turn the stroller while pulling a shopping cart. Trevor and Tyler have never been too patient while sitting in a shopping cart. I like the Graco Quatro Tour for their comfort but for me it is bulky and heavy. Side by side is great sometimes so they can both have a view, but is really a pain in stores. There have been times I wanted a back to back stroller so they wouldn't be able to kick each other but then they could grab each other. I looked at a stroller that you can change the seats but you have to take the seats off before folding it. So think about what you need and try them out around the store. The sales people at Foothill Babies R Us have always been really helpful. Will you email me so I can have your email address? I checked the email box-I think that will give you my email.
Pam

Tiersha said...

I had no idea you were expecting again! Congrats! Hope you are doing well.