Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's days like today...

that make me smile. This morning Tyler woke up happy and ready to play (although it was still earlier than I would have liked).

So far we have spent the morning cleaning up the house as a family. This might not sound fun to most people out there, but Ryan and I are self-proclaimed neat-freaks. Unfortunately there has been A LOT going on lately so the house has been a disaster. Well, with the blessing of a day off, an awake daddy, and a happy boy we have already...
-washed, and vacuumed out both cars
-cleaned the kitchen, including the stove and floors
-vacuumed all of down stairs
-vacuumed all of up stairs
-cleaned our shower
- had lunch as a family
- filed away the last 3 weeks of bills and other important papers
-done research for and started Ryan's group paper due next week
- done Ryan's participation for his online class for the day
- made all the beds
- straightened the pantry
-straightened the laundry room
- put Tyler down for a nap
-showered
-let Ryan take a nap
-posted to the Blog

Amazing isn't it?! This is to make up for all of my pregnancy-induced laziness which is too easy to justify :) I have loved getting the house tidy for our guests tomorrow- but most of all I loved watching my boys work together.

If anyone has been reading this for any length of time you may recall that Ryan used to have time to wash the cars once a week and Tyler and I were always out there with him. This morning was the first time in quite awhile that Ryan and Tyler got to wash the cars together. Tyler is so amazed with his daddy and follows him around like a little puppy. Tyler will scrub away just like his daddy does, spray the hose (funny story about that one), and even dry off the car. Tyler loves to help daddy move the car from the driveway to the street and back to the garage. With how busy life has become it was extra-special to see the boys have some bonding time. They really are the loves of my life!

Now, about the hose...Ryan showed Tyler how to squeeze the handle to make the water come out. Tyler did great and got it the first time...the only problem was that Ryan hadn't taught him how to make it stop. Tyler just stood there scared to death, not knowing how to make the water stop...all the while it was SOAKING the entire inside of our garage- floor to ceiling! Ryan finally grabbed the hose out of Tyler's hands to stop the flood and Tyler just broke down and cried. He ran to me first and then let his daddy hold him and patted his back. It was so funny. Tyler was worried he had done something wrong with all the screaming we were doing :) Thankfully, water dries and so do tears. They boys had a blast from that point on.

And did I mention it's only 1:55! We still have a lot of fun ahead of us.

3 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

I love days like that. I wish Chad would enjoy getting things done of Saturday's but he thinks we should just lay around on the weekend! I wish we lived closer...I would have been next in line to have my car washed.

Home for Rent said...

what a wonderful, productive day!! i love days where i get things done. way to go!

Brad and Danielle said...

Wow. You are an inspiration!! :)