Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Visit to the Happiest Place on Earth!

Disneyland!
Jan. 30th, 2009.
Happy Birthday to Great-Grandma Anita and Aunt Heather!!


Waiting around for the whole group to make it into the park. The start to a very long and very fun day!



Uncle Ryan wrangling kids in front of the Magic Kingdom. The two little ones loved watching the train come and go.


We got to go in a special car on the train thanks to our hook-up from a family friend. The car was built for presidents and other dignitaries...I think we qualify :) It was beautifully trimmed out with velvet, crystal, and original fabrics chosen by Walt Disney's wife.




The kids' first time on the Jungle Cruise! They loved most of it...and I think it was Ben that got freaked out by the piranhas. Tyler was making elephant noises when we saw the elephants and they just thought it was cool being in a boat.


We ventured over to storybook land ( I think that's what it's called) and we did Snow White- never again with kids- then the carousel. The kids thought it was pretty cool to get to be on a ride "by themselves".





Flying high with Dumbo. I got to ride with Maddy, Daddy with Tyler, and Heather with Ben. I forgot how centrifugal force works when you're (some number of pounds) heavier than usual with a little one on your lap! It was fun to see the kids enjoy themselves!
We headed over to Toon Town and let the kids run around for awhile. We even got to visit with Goofy. Maddy loved seeing the big "dog" but as usual, Tyler loved it until we got close enough to actually say hi. Oh well!
One for the picture books. We hardly ever get to go anywhere together as a family. We remembered to snap a quick photo on our way out of the park. It was such a fun day and we were so lucky to have Ryan there with us. It took some miracles at work- but he always does what he has to to be with his family. It was an especially fun day celebrating two Birthdays and three first-time Disneyland kiddies. We loved the heat, the adventure, and the super-tired kids at the end of it all!
Evidence of just how tired the kids were. They passed out on the way home and it was a struggle to get them to wake up enough to eat the yummy pizza grandpa had waiting for us at home.














































































1 comment:

Jess said...

I'm so jealous. It looks like you guys had way too much fun. I'm glad that Ryan got to go. Miss you.