Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baby Update

Nothing too exciting but we did have another appointment yesterday. My OB out here finally got my records from my old OB and I was hoping that these records would have some answers for me. Unfortunately there was hardly anything in the records! How frustrating. So, I still don't know exactly why I was induced with Tyler but it looks like it was due to low fluid levels. I still don't know exactly why everything ended up in a C-section, because I guess people stall all the time. My Dr. was so patient and still suggests that I talk to the other Dr. in the practice because she thinks a VBAC is definitely a possibility but he is the only one that does them. I would have to have a certain Dr. and deliver at a certain hospital, but it could be a possibility.

I'm not sure if this news is exciting or scary. I am so bad at making decisions in general and I am trying to be more informed with baby #2. My next appointment will be discussing the pros and cons of VBAC and going over my hospital records, which will hopefully hold more answers!

In some fun speculation, the nurse who checked the baby's heart rate this time got a reading of 156 (the first two were 151) and said, "looks like you should start buying pink!". We'll see if she's right in about a month. Tyler's heart rate was always high too though... we'll find out before Thanksgiving :)

1 comment:

Kris and Kally said...

Oh I hope you have a baby girl! Then my baby boy can marry your baby girl and we can be family! Hooray! Hope you figure everything out with the little tyke and the birth... Our baby has had really high heart rates the whole time...so who knows how legit all that is! But you need a girl so I can spoil her with cute girl outfits! And so she can look like her beautiful momma! Oh...and did you breastfeed?