
Getting to the airport went without a hitch this time. Popa got dropped off at the same time as us so we enjoyed a little waiting time together. Tyler always wins over his fellow passengers...at least before the flight. We knew it would be a full flight so I was a little nervous- but he turned out to be just great. He was just making eyes at the ladies behind us and looking out the window.

It was so nice to get home to dad and spend a quick night with my parents. We went straight from the airport to Heather & Taylor's for dinner. The Blackwells and my parents were there too. Tyler enjoyed playing with kids and we enjoyed catching up with friends and family.

Our Monday was spent with my parents for the morning and then just loving being back with Ryan. One of Tyler's favorite things to do with his daddy is look at fun websites online. His favorite is probably HotWheels. Ryan let Tyler sit by himself with the laptop and check out the cool videos. It was so cute! Tyler was staring so intensely at the screen and bopping along with the music. 

We loved our time with Granny, Grandpa and Popa, Grandma & Grandpa too...but we're glad to be home with daddy.
2 comments:
Laura, In answer to your question... I already had a bunch of stuff from when I was a preschool teacher (that was way back before I became a mom). Lately though I have found great stuff at Walmart and Lakeshore Learning. I got flashcards and a big workbook at Walmart. (I'm going to laminate the flashcards and make copies of the workbook so that I can use them for all of our kids.) Lakeshore Learning is a teacher's supply store here in Laguna Hills. I think there's one in Henderson too. They can be pricey but you can find anything there, so I'll go there if I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else. At Target, there's an Alphabet dry-erase kind of workbook which I got. You can write and wipe, which will be nice for practicing our letters. I don't have a lot of extra money, so I just get little things here and there.
I want to do this with Emma because I'd like to hone some of her skills and really master the letters and numbers. The great part of teaching your own child is you can personalize their curriculum to fit their strengths and weaknesses. So, even though I'd love to find a Montessori or nice preschool to put her in...its just economically unreasonable, so I figure I'd put my degree to good use. :) Anyway, hope that helps.
I LOVE your blog. It's so fun to stay updated on the Crooks happenings! Hope the pregnancy is going well.
Looks like you guys had a great time! I hope I can see you soon!
Post a Comment