Sunday, October 12, 2008

Big Shoes to Fill

Saturday morning we were doing some housework. Tyler likes to help me get the vacuum ready, but lately, after that he will run somewhere else to disappear from the noise. I was cleaning up in the kitchen and realized how quiet he had been. I walked around the corner to find him doing this...
We had put daddy's shoes on the stairs to take up to our room. Tyler knows he's got some big shoes to fill someday and he thought he'd start practicing now ;) It was such a cute thing. Tyler usually will take Ryan his shoes in the morning when he is getting ready for work. I can't find the right words- but it was a really sweet moment to see Tyler trying so hard to get those shoes to stay on his feet and focus as he tried to lift the heavy shoes and take steps. He must have tried for five minutes before he realized they were just too big.
What a sweet boy...no, sweet boys, I have in my life. We miss daddy a lot (if you can't tell) but he works so hard outside of the home so that I can stay in the home with Tyler and do my best to raise him well.

No comments: